Wednesday, October 2, 2013

[Note] No updates for the next two weeks!

Hi guys,
I'm sorry to inform you that there will be no updates for at least two weeks.
The reason is, that my main hard disk drive crashed down completely and that means all the working data regarding this blog is not accessible as well.
What is worse that I hadn't made any backup lately...
But don't worry, I've already given it to a professional data restore service by now and hopefully they'll be able to save most of the important stuff!
I'll keep you informed of the status of this annoying little incident.
So long, until further notice!
Cheers!

Update 11th Oct:
Positive news! They've finished analysing the hard disk and the data can be restored!
Downside is, it will approximately take 3-6 weeks and cost 1200 € (or 1632 $) T_T
But I think it's worth it, there's a lot of important stuff on it and I don't think I can get it back otherwise.
Thank god for payment by installments!

8 comments:

  1. Damn, that sucks.
    ohw well...
    good luck and see you in about 2 weeks.
    RV

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1200 €??? are u shiting me? wtf? i can do it for free in the time u would need to copy from one hard drive to another, unless the dicks are broken in 2

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup, at first I was also shocked that it'll cost that much and I already beat them down quite a bit lol. Believe me, I tried everything I could think of after the crash and I'm not an amateur at these things... but they're really good, they fixed it in no time and saved all of the data, so it's definitely worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. whats the word? how long before your up and running again?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like I said, I'm paying for the data restore by installments, so it will probably be paid off in January/February at the earlierst. But I have found an older backup with just a few models (Harry,Hermione,Ginny,Luna) so I'll see what I can do with that to give you guys some stuff in the meantime (maybe a little game or something). It's annoying for me as well because I'm really anxious to keep this thing running and I can't do it the way I want to right now.
      Until then

      Cheers!

      Delete
  5. Well, it's good that you found an older backup.
    I hope that you bring out a few small things, a few animated pictures or something like that.
    So we can wait for the bigger stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey hey!

    Just checkin in to see if you're any closer to any kind of update. Can't wait for your work. It's effin golden.
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete